1. One day, a man stops us and asks if Clifford would like to be in a movie. Clifford is happy to hear that.
2. When the movie is finished, everybody says Clifford is the best actor in the world. Clifford is a star.
3. His fans are everywhere.
4. And they all want souvenirs.
5. There are a lot of parties. Clifford gets tired of them. But they say movie stars have to go to parties.
6. One day, he looks over his wall and sees a girl playing with her dog. He misses me.
7. Clifford doesn’t want to be a star anymore. That night he jumps over the wall.
8. Clifford comes home. He’d rather be with me than in Hollywood. I’m glad he loves me as much as I love him.
1. get tired of 厌烦
Clifford gets tired of the parties. Clifford 厌烦了狂欢派对聚会活动。
2.’d rather = would rather 宁可
He’d rather be with me than in Hollywood. 他宁可离去好莱坞和我在一起。
(1) _____! There’s a dog over there!
(2) I can’t _____it.
(3) Do you _____ a boy with a hat on?
Answer: 1. Look 2. see 3. see